How to produce a good marketing flyer
If you want your marketing flyer to make an impact, it should follow a few simple guidelines.
• Use colour - bright and bold colour really stands out and grabs attention
• Pick a colour scheme - while it's great to use colour, don't use too many at once or your flyer will end up looking like a dog's breakfast
• Keep it simple - don't overload your flyer with too much information. Stick to the main message you want to convey to your customers and space your design elements generously
• Include all your contact details - give your customers the opportunity to contact you through various channels - phone, email or website
• Use the seasons to your advantage - if it's Christmas, capitalise on the messages and imagery associated with the occasion
• Include a call to action - don't just wait and hope that your customers will come knocking on your door, specifically encourage them to do so
• Give customers an incentive - either with a special offer or free gift
• Be inventive - it's the clever designs that stand out and get noticed. If you want your flyer to be remembered include some creative design elements rather than sticking to all text
• Use a really good quality stock - research shows that it's all in the presentation and your flyer is likely to be taken much more seriously if it has a quality feel and finish
• Create an interactive piece - people love to play with paper so if you can provide a flyer they can fold to create something or which has moving parts, it will make an appealing and unforgettable advertising tool
• Add a personal touch - remind your customers that you are people too, not just some faceless corporation.